Monday, October 28, 2019

Range 22 OCT

I started with a magazine at 25 yards.  12 'cold' shots out of a rented Commodity, Plastic, Striker-Fired, Service Pistol.




If you count the holes to center mass, there are only 11, so I guess one flinched down to the crotch level.  Dang.

Then I brought it closer, 8 yards, and did the head shots.  Similar drill, I've done this before.  I have that little yellow bit, might as well aim for it.  And it keeps me honest because I can't much see the the holes in the black, so, less 'prairie dogging,' looking up over the sights, to see how I did. 

Then, new target.  50 more shots. 



Not too bad.  You can see my groups easing over to the right more as I fatigue.  I kinda like that upper right target.  Felt pretty good.  7 shots touching.

What I was working on, what I was there for, what I was trying to improve or at least keep honed was my trigger pull.  Per usual.  Trying to make if faster.  A surprise trigger pull on demand.  Not:  aim.... aim....  pull back the trigger... aim... squeeze.... aim... surprise-BANG.  Not: Aim... flinch-BANG.  But:  Aim..... surprise-BANG!

It's all I've been working on. 

I need to see if I can get some training.  I wanna do that, but in pairs.  Decent pairs.

No comments: