Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Vegas Shooting

I was told, recently, that this quote was from Denzel Washington.

"If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed"

But that source is probably not so.

I was never satisfied with the news coverage of the Vegas shooter.  NO information about him?  I feel misinformed AND uninformed.  I don't trust law enforcement PR types and journalist to not hold stuff back from me.  Plus, the state of journalism in this country is rife with ignorance and incompetence.

Now, Brit journalism is just as biased as our own, but they seem to retain some actual investigative ability.  With novel concepts like 'facts' that they then 'publish'.  And the Daily Mail has told me more about the Vegas shooting in that one article than everything else I've heard to date.

He was crazy.  Went crazier near the end.  With evidence of same, not just guessing.

I have new questions.

How can the Filipino girlfriend of the shooter set herself up in a nice LA neighborhood.  I can guess some possibilities.  The shooter might have left a lot of assets to her in his will, conceivably.  As she is an innocent party there may have been nothing stopping her from receiving from a monster's estate after a lotta legal dust settles.  And that is fine.  Still, knowing some detail about it would be nice, and it would be public record at this point, Daily Mail.   The Daily Mail did know the house cost $3,400,000.

They also did put up:  "The luxury home in an exclusive Los Angeles neighbourhood is reportedly owned by her daughter and son-in-law."  Reportedly?  Maybe dig a bit more and be more declarative?

But I quibble, and should be pleased I got THIS much info about the case.  Do I want egg in my beer?

But good for her daughter if she married well and/or is very successful and can help out her mother so nicely.


No comments: