Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Stack

I have so many books in the queue.  The pile!  It's intimidatingly huge!  Plus I am tempted to get a Kindle just to throw a crapton of public domain stuff on there to work through.  Kipling, Burroughs, Conrad, pulp stuff.  Now would be a good time to board up the doors and winders and ride through a zombacalypse.  As long as the gas and water stays on.

And I need to get the scanner running.   So I can prove that my new/old Sherman Remington Rand #17 typewriter is up and running.  I should stencil "Saucy Trollop" on the side of it.  So many Sherman crews stenciled a girl's name on their tank.  Or "Kraut Bane".  That might offend Marko, tho.

Oooo!  "Get to duh Choppah!"

Did you know that there was an upgunned variant of the Sherman tank called the Firefly?  Kinda kismet, there, fellow Browncoats.  It had a gun that could penetrate the Tiger tank.

2 comments:

Sport Pilot said...

The 3G Kindle is a purchase I don't regret.There are a host of free to near free (.99 cents) current books avaliable. Factor in the $2.99 to $4.99 ones, public domain classic's and such it's a nice little reading tool. The 3G model does not require a WiFi to download either.

breda said...

Wait until Kindle is library e-book friendly. It's coming soon.