Saturday, July 13, 2013

Getting Old

And it sucks.  Aches and pains. 

I am no longer fully confident I will always be physically capable of springing into action when the need arises.  Drag the unconscious person from the burning building, rescue a drowning person, take on an aggressor bodily and at least hold my own.

I don't think I can don a pack, grab a rifle, and high tail it to the woods, effectively.  I'd hold back the group.  In a Carrinton event I am more likely to be one of the early die off in the chaos that follows the loss of every electircal device on the planet.

All the more reason to take advantage of conceal carry, though.  I am becoming an 80 year old woman, it'd be nice to fight of bad guys like an 80 year old woman with a gun.

MBtGE is worse off.  His spine issues are much worse than mine, and he is 10 years older.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, getting old is NOT for the faint of heart...

Bubblehead Les. said...

I love it when you Youngsters complain and whine about how "Old" you're getting and how you can't do anything anymore.

Why, Back in My Day, when I had to walk 5 Miles Uphill through 20 feet of Snow to get to the School bus....

Chris said...

I've known for quite a while that if a SHTF balloon goes up, my probable action will involve tactics such as "rear guard" or "die in place".

Angus McThag said...

Uphill, against the wind, in the blazing sun, pouring rain and blinding snow.

Both ways.