Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Cured

 This season has cured me of Facebook ads.  

I must admit, the ads were good, pushing products that I found fascinating and got the wants for.  

But the slow boat from China, and the Navy style deck coat made out of thin cloth with a zipper that zips from the wrong side was the final straw.  Cheap.  Make a decent layer under something else, or I could wear it instead of a fleece pullover when the heat in the house is turned down in the winter.  So, no extra regret, but there is still buyers remorse.

Ooo, these make me wanna....

No no, back to the subject.

A wool blanket comes in the mail?  I barely remember impulse clicking that. I like wool blankets.  This one is a fine wool blanket.  Not a Woolrich, but not bad either.  The price was ok, too.  The thing is, I have more than enough of these.  I already had enough blankets for the end times when the power and gas goes out.  Including spares to give away to people.  Plus the car, cuz you never know when you might get stuck.

Even if all these social-media advertised products were top shelf in quality... I don't need the big damascus meat cleaver kitchen knife.  It is cool, but keep my pay-pal in my pocket.  Resist the ads.  

A lesson learned and relearned from as far back as adds in comic books and Boys Life.   Ooo, wait, you mean I could have muscles like Charles Atlas?



No comments: