Friday, December 18, 2020

So Neck Surgery is in Less than a Week

 That should fix that part.

How bout the back?

Meh. I think the steroid shot is wearing off.  The back ache isn't pain, yet.  But it is keeping me awake at night.  No bueno.  Might have to drop the meloxicam and go back to ibuprophin.  I can take the Vitamin I before bed.  Meloxicam is one pill a day sorta thing.  And it really doesn't last all day.  

But there may be other pain killers with the surgery.  While those last the back might do great and be the least of my pain management worries.  Then the back doc follow up in late January.  Where I could get scheduled for another round of the shot.  I have heard it can take a few to 'take'.  I hope that is the case.  

After that, if that doesn't work?  I dunno.  More surgeries?  I hope not.  

I'm on lockdown now.  No contact with anyone outside my home until the day of surgery.  To be sure I don't have the WuFlu and spread it to the brains surgeons, or suffer with it so soon after a neck bone operation.

1 comment:

Comrade Misfit said...

I hope it goes well. A good friend has back/spine issues and her life is not close to tolerable without drugs.