Friday, August 14, 2009

Is Ammo Back?

I have good news and bad news. The good news is, .380 ACP ammo was available at Bass Pro! First time I've seen it in months. And the price? Only $17.

The bad news? There was only 2 of it boxes left (guess how many boxes after I left?) and there was nothing else I wanted there. No .40 or .45. A few boxes of .357, .44, and a couple dozen 9mm. No bulk boxes, only sets of 50.

So the drought ain't over by a long shot. It's not zero. And the stuff that IS there isn't inlfated in price.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Still pretty bleak around here, other than .22. If not for reloading I'd not have been to the range much at all this summer. Even primers get backordered.

But you are right, I did get a couple boxes of 380 for my birthday so it IS out there again.

Paladin said...

It's become a matter of being in the right place at the right time - especialy with .380. I actually found it available online the other day, thanks to a tip from a reader. 4 box max at around $17 a box - but at least it was something while it lasted.