Monday, September 19, 2011

Leave Everybody Alone

I agree with the initial sentiment.  Seen at Rx.  Got me thinking, too.

“Because what I really believe is, let’s spend a little more time leaving everybody alone.”
-Clint Eastwood.

The problem is, I also have the right to think what you are doing is entertaining.  To point, laugh, and ridicule your Juggalo make-up, your pants around your knees.  Your 43 holes, some filled with wine corks, in your face.  The exposed Back Street Boys tattoo on your lower back.  Your super mall-ninja get up.  It's funny.  You're getting laughed at.  Maybe not by me, I'm easy going.  Maybe a bit shy.  If it's a really good instance you are most likely to get snarked at behind your back.  Get used to it.

When people take offense at being ridiculed, then there is that whole "you're now not leaving ME alone..." thing going on.  You gotta take it.  No one is hurting anything but your pride.  It's not justification to apply a beatdown.  Besides, I might be able to defend myself.  An insult is not an invitation to a physical confrontation.  Yet so many make it so..

I'm just saying, if you listen to Clint Eastwood and let your freak flag fly, well that leave people alone bit is a two way street.  Don't get all bent out of shape.  Freak.

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

The problem with those who are afflicted with the Hippie Gene is that they DON'T leave you alone. They're ALWAYS getting into someone's face about something, and we are bombarded with their crap.

I Honestly believe that if there ever is a Zed Outbreak, 99.9% of the Zombies will have the Hippie Gene. Death won't stop them from getting into your Face, then your Cranium, then your Prefrontal Cortex....

45er said...

I've never understood the people that dress up as "Look at me" then give you the "What are you lookin' at". I'll look where I want and if you think it's worth finding out who can defend themselves, well then...