Monday, September 26, 2011

Tam's Archaelogical Dig

I love digging down and unearthing the layers of passed gun civilization.  Tam's got herself down to the layers between the Discoambrian era and the beginning of the FeatheroceneCirca 1980.   Hippies had been mostly extinct by that time and would only re-emerge when various evil scientists began puzzling out their genome sequence from skin samples trapped in ancient petrified bong resin.  Now the hippies walk amoung us again, like mosquitoes post DDT bans.

I personally like going back the Prechamberin era and read about how the M14 (just realased!) is going to be the be-all end all last rifle the Army is every going to want need or deploy.  And how the hot new varmint round, the .218 Bee might finally eclipse the .250-3000 for that role (fingers crossed!).

I've heard rumors or evidence of civilizations BEFORE that.  The legendary Hatcherociene.  But I think that's poppycock and balderdash.  Nothing happened before the Prechamberin.

Anyway... Now Tam has gotten me interested in 1980s era stuff.  My formative years.  Where so much much was imprinted and absorbed from a mere handful of Soldier of Fortune Magazines.

I still want the stainless Colt Python I saw, featured prominently, back then, in seemingly every issue.  And bounty hunting looked like a good way to earn a living if you were a Viet Nam vet.

1 comment:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Sorry bro, but the Hatherociene does exist. You just have to get past the KT Boundary (that's Keith-Thompson) that was generated when the Magnomian Astroid struck.