Sunday, September 25, 2011

More Gear Reviews

Continuing my theme of reviewing things that weren't sent to me for free because I am a famous blogger.

Sausage Casing.


Let's say you've been dinosaur hunting and you've been lucky.  You've got yourself a nice Brachiasaur.  But what to do with all the meat after you've filled the freezer.  If you are like me, you dry up some jerky and make some sausage.

The above sausage casing, while durable and held up well when stuff, had a bit of an off flavor.  I'd use it again, but when possible I'll go with natural casing.  Even with all the prep hassle that entails.

And anyone know where I can get 3 tons of sage?  I'm a little low

3 comments:

45er said...

I'll bet that Brachiasaur would come with its own set of casings.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Yeah, but it's such a hassle...

That Guy said...

I hope you have a V-8 powered grinder.