Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hunter Safety Course

I signed up for a Hunter Safety Course. Well, 'signed up' isn't right, as it turns out that you just show up with $5 at the Isaak Walton League nearby, but I called in case there was a list I had to get on.


I Maryland, to get a Hunting License for the first time, you need to take the course. After that you are ok for subsequent years. I can do the whole process online after the class, and it is pretty cheap: $26.


I don't think I'll have a place to hunt in Maryland, but I want to go ahead and get a license anyway, just in case. It may or may not enable me to get an Out Of State license in Virginia, and I have a much better chance of actually have a place to go in that State, thanks to MBtGE. It is a bit more pricy to get an Out Of State license there: $86 for the whole season, plus $66 for a Deer stamp. Ouch. If I had $505 dollars I could buy a lifetime license in Virginia


But other than some monetary outlay, the process looks simple enough. User friendly anyway.



No comments: