Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Aargh

I'm running out of ideas. Since I started this blawg thingamabob I've always had a handful of topics in the pipeline. 3 at the very least. So, you can comment with ideas for me to explore, or you can mail me cash so I can go purchase firearms and then blog about them.

Let's go with the ideas first. Cash later.

Gun show is coming up, so I'll get material there. Plus hunting season. I still need more, MORE. Part of if is Tam's fault. I am engrossed in reading suggestions she laid down in the David Weber department.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I've been reading you since you started a few months ago. I'm a NYC resident who has jumped through the hoops to get a long gun license and have bought my first three firearms this year (18" 870 20ga, Ruger 10/22 and just last week I acquired a Rem 750 in .308 Win.) I've really enjoyed reading (and empathizing with) your posts, because I've been asking myself (and any experienced shooter I can find to bother) some of the same questions you've been dealing with.

One of my bugaboos is how best to get a good sight picture (and how best to utilize a scope.) I've done a lot of reading about eye dominance and I'm still trying to work out my optimum sighting technique. Questions I have include: Both eyes open or one eye shut? If I'm comfortable using the non-dominant eye, should I try to train myself to the dominant side? I'm right-handed and left-eyed - do I shoulder the wepon on the left or the right? How do these considerations affect the use of a scope? And etc.

Unfortunately, I have no handgun questions because I live in a city that pretty much denies me the right to own one. (I'm going to gird my loins and try to get a premises permit in the next year, but I ain't holding my breath.)

Anyway, that's my idea for a post or series of posts. Best of luck and thanks for your public ruminations so far.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

You got some good long guns there, Anon. All three are on the want--list in one form or another. Shoot, that 870 is probably better than any handgun for 3AM prowler deterrence.

Thanks for the subject idea.