Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Surplus Stores

I love surplus stores. Just browsing is fun. The Guatamalen Chicken Shack next to my local surplus store burned down, damaging Ranger Surplus. So they closed that location. Shame. It was a good surplus store and a good chicken shack. El Pollo Rico Guapo Magnifico. It might have been Peruvian...


Next best thing, the plethora of websites. The latest one I discovered is Ranger Joes.


A friend at work is enamored with those One-Strap backpacks or quasi bike messenger bags. That's how we found Ranger Joes, looking for those kind of bags, like ones from Maxpedition. (Man, I wish I got paid for plugging products. Sadly, that reference will come to you people payola free. Even shineola free.)


Yeah, they have to make them look cool and tactical. And it's good to use it as a holster. Otherwise you run the risk of being pointed at by the unwashed masses and hearing the whispers of, "Look at the purse THAT guy is carrying..."


Blackhawk is another tactical style surplusey webjoint. It was there that I first discovered that those tactical vests I see for $30 at gun shows are cheap knock-off of the real thing that costs 3 times as much. But perfect for mall-ninjas that want to be AUTHENTIC in their mall-ninja activities, rather than 'on a budget'. Not available for left-handers. ~sigh~




It might be too ninja for me anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's one on Hungerford Drive now. Surplus store, not chicken shack.