Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ruger Discontinues Scout

I saw the announcemtnt that Ruger was discontiuing their scout-esque rifle on Firearm Blog.


I guess Cooper's Scout rifle concept was another answer looking for the question. Unless it was before it’s time, or something. That's gotta smart. I hope Cooper's ghost doesn't haunt me now. Hell, I'm still a kool-aid drinker. I still want a scout.

Or was Cooper really the lonely voice in the wilderness, and no one heeded his righteous call?

I checked out the Ruger model a while back. They didn't make a lefty was my impression, so... I dismissed it from my mind.

And the scout concept get's further from my mind, too. Pure Scout concept. I think I like several scout characteristic, and may subconscoiusly seek them out on all rifles from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a savage 10cfm scout clone that works fine. As I recall, Savage does make a left hand action.
Cheers,
FrankS