Saturday, April 7, 2012

BAG Day Comin'!

Don't forget, April 15th is Buy a Gun Day.  One week away.

I'm at a loss.  What to get, what to get...

What are you all getting?  I need inspiration.  Nothing screams at me.  No 9mm, please.  I don't need a new ammo type to inventory, no matter what people like about their shiny new M&Ps.  So get a .40 M&P?  Naw.  I don't like M&P triggers (even the improved kind).  Get an XD in .40 or the new single stack, because I like XDs?  Naw...

Sell my Sig .40 and replace that with something?  Heck, get rid of the .40 ammo and go 9mm!  Naw...  Selling is a big step I'm not psyched for.  But that is a thought.  I'd probably buy aother .45 of some flavor, instead, at that point.  Even simpler ammo inventory.

In my ideal gunsafe, every rifle takes M14 mags, every pistol magazine is a 1911 variety (including pistol carbines) and all the revolvers shoot .38/.357.  Plus .22.

But that doesn't help me for BAG day ideas NOW.  I don't live in an ideal world.

6 comments:

BGMiller said...

Get yourself another .22.
Why?
Why not?

Get one of those Henry Survival Rifle/AR-7s. They look like a bit of fun.

Try one of the Ruger SR-22 pistols. Got one a month ago and have enjoyed the hell out of it.

BGM

Stretch said...

You need a lever action .357/.38 to go with your revolvers. Or maybe a pump action .357/.38

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I got an 1894C, Stretch.

Sport Pilot said...

Having recently aquired a Ruger SR22 I strongly recommend it. I also feel the same way about the S&W M&P 15-22, yes, they're both that good. Another pistol that has impressed me oddly enough is the Ruger P345, slim profile, polymer frame, 45ACP, good DA/SA trigger and inexpensive.

Anonymous said...

XD-45 Tactical. Put one in your hand and you'll know why. 13-rd. mags available cheap at Exile Machine. Reliable with hp's.

Unknown said...

I an currently committed to the 9mm for EDC and have a small amount of ammo on hand with decent platforms (FNH, Sig). For the 15th I plan on picking up some cheap High Points in .40 as rumors have it that there may be a bunch of those rounds laying around in the future.