Saturday, April 28, 2012

Open Carry

Check out the video of some Open Carry types trying to eat in peace at the Steak and Shake in this post.  Local police can't gin up a reason to toss them nice people with their wives and chillun' in the paddy wagon they brought, so they beg the manager to help by complaining about the OC types.

The manager, in my imagination, says something like this, "Why are you police here?  Those people aren't causing a problem.  YOU are.  Why are you harassing my customers?  Why are you costing me money?  Why can't you just leave nice people alone?  Please, please, please leave officers.  Haven't you done enough damage already?  Why do you have to LOOK for trouble?  I wish you guys came this fast when we got robber 2 years ago..."

And I'm not a fan of OC.  But more than 30 seconds chatting with those nice people and the cops should have left to look for actual criminals and jaywalkers.  Let the nice OC folks OC if they want.

MBtGE always deals with cops the perfect way.  I wish I had his touch.  His spiel is essentially, "Is this illegal, officer?" in the most innocent voice you ever heard.  You have to hear it to believe it.  It casts a spell.  The cops always say to him, "Oh no no no!  We were just called, and had to check up on it.  You have a nice day sir." And they go. 

I don't know how he does it.  It's like a super power. 

2 comments:

JB Miller said...

"These are not the droids you're looking for, officer..."

Patrick Haggerty said...

I open carry here in Virginia from time to time and I'm more apprehensive about dealing with the police than anything else. just need to buckle down and get my permit I guess!

I've been following your continuing saga of getting a CCW permit in MD, keep up the fight!