Monday, November 27, 2017

Magazine Size Restriction

So I bought another 20 round magazine for my Caspian from Brownells.  I didn't buy it in Maryland, because of the law.  I bought it and received it in Virginia. 

This is the bag it came it, listing all the places you can't buy it.



































The usual suspects.  It's the OTHER ones that are interesting.  Cleveland Ohio and one of its surrounds, Shaker Heights being of interest to me.  Big cities in Ohio except Columbus and one liberal Cleveland enclave.  Oh and Dublin. 

Vail Colorado?

I guess pre-emption hasn't hit those states yet.  

 

2 comments:

Jonathan H said...

Actually, those Ohio limits are gone by state law, but many sellers still list and follow them. My understanding is that to be on the safe side, many magazine sellers go by the ATF book of regs - which hasn't been updated in several years, hence NOT listing Colorado as a whole and still listing Ohio cities.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I was told that. I wonder if Brownells will ship to Toledo, tho, despite the old reg book?

My county made home delivery of ammunition verboten, but the state law changed and forced them to cut that out. I got ammo delivered that month.