Sunday, December 2, 2018

Good


I am glad this is happening.

Not just because I am uncomfortable with cops airing out innocent black dudes.

Not just because I am uncomfortable with cops airing out innocent black dudes that have CCW permits and are carrying.

But because I don't want cops airing out ME.  A big scary looking white dude with a skinhead and a beard like a biker and a perma scowl and a CCW permit and sometimes carry.  If I was a cop and came up on me looking the way I usually do, I'd give me the stink eye.  I don't want that cop to automatically shoot me or a black dude.

I know it is hard to not air out anyone with a gun when you are in a scene where shots have been fired and you know little else.  I have done that training and have failed it more than once. 

----

Others are more moribund on the value of a dialogue.  And the pessimist in me fears they are probably right.


2 comments:

Will said...

Sadly, I expect that nothing less than cops dying while attempting to kill good guys in these situations will get their group's attention.
I don't care how you are dressed, uniforms are easy to acquire, and would make good cover for the BG's. If you are throwing lead at me, you are the enemy. Period.

Chris Morton said...

The union will it was "justified"just like the union did when the "sniper" shot the mental health worker, lying on his back with his hands in the air, then handcuffed him and let him bleed out without treatment for twenty minutes, while other cops stood around and did nothing.

As they used to say during Stalin's purges, "The organs of state security don't make mistakes." Just ask them.