Saturday, December 1, 2018

Range 27 November

Better, and worse.

Better in that, it was losing focus on making the trigger pull a quality one that was hurting me in previous range trip.  I improved that quality by paying attention to it, and results improves.  Not perfect, but better.

Worse in that a tiny bit of creep in trigger take up has returned.  I will consult with the gunsmith, and make close the hole up.  Again.  Or try some other brands of disconnector

Anyway, story time.  I get to the range and there are a couple good ol' boys ahead of me.  Picking up a new gun, there, and going to test it out at the range.  They had clearly never shot there before, and they had no idea about range etiquette at the air lock, which is loud.  'Great,' I'm thinking, 'these guys might be new to the whole gun safety thing, and I bet their target looks like a typical 00 buckshot pattern.'

Nope.

I was at lane 3.  Next to me was a young ex Navy guy (Navy PT shirt, but full beard about a month old) in 4.  Good Ol Boys with new pistol in #5.  And some other dude in 6.  Unusually, ALL of them were shooting as well as me or better.  Not usual these days.  All professional with their gun handling.   Refreshing.

I was never That Guy with the gun safety.  "Oh don't worry if I point it at you, it's not like it's loaded!"  But I have been That Guy with the marksmanship.  Well, almost.  I never hit the target trolley and have me target fall to the floor.

Anyway, 50 more rounds, 21 of them Magtech, the rest AE.  No malfs.  Shot at 8 yards, except for center bottom, which was 25 yards.  Slightly better because of the finger.  Better lollipop hold or figure out if I am just heeling.



No comments: