Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Talisman.

The power of object, the future-deodand in the hand would compel anyone to USE it.  A gun is a talisman of evil able to weave its spell.  People think like that.  People ACT like that

And.  We saw that Vice writer do just that.

This is Projection.  There is a sickness, an EVIL in those people's hearts.  We shouldn't be talking about guns.  We should be talking about these people that inanimate objects can influence.  That's madness.  It really is.  There really is a difference between us.

This is not new.  30 years ago:



By 'us' I don't necessarily mean good rock ribbed conservative Republicans.  Plenty of Democrats or further left aren't under the object-compulsion.  There are so called Republicans that shouldn't touch a gun and usually refrain.

I am just saying instead of gun bans we need to focus more on this sickness a lot of people have.  Are they crazy and need treatment?  Is something in the culture doing this we need to collectively eschew?  Do parents need to re-double their efforts on teaching right from wrong?  Yes on all three.  Are we ever going to be able to expunge such behavior?  No.  Evil exists.  But that doesn't mean the needle can't be moved a bit more in the other direction.

I'm not the sort that takes a shovel to any Copperhead I find in the woods.  For one, it isn't legal.  If I am not near a kids playground it is unnecessary.  I like snakes, too.  Live and let live.  But bet your boots I don't take my eyes off such a dangerous creature.

This is why I can be choosy about which co-workers I will take to the range.  Sorry Lew.  You were too angry and too deluded and too lefty for me to even consider it.  Don't literally froth at the mouth when talking about George Bush for me to consider being in the same room with you and a firearm not in my control.



Yeah, I don't know if that simple solution is effective. Or even provably moves the needle in the right direction. Probably doesn't hurt, but, there is almost certainly more to all this. Could be a positive single factor, but we did get here from there.

2 comments:

McChuck said...

Good Americans getting married and having children is necessary, but not sufficient, for the survival of the nation.

Anonymous said...

While I never consciously thought about this in regards to who I invite to the range, I guess if I had an unhinged family member or acquaintance, I would avoid them anyway, so....no.

I would not want to end up like Chris Kyle.