Monday, September 28, 2020

My own personal bibliography

If anyone ever got a list of tiles of everything in my Kindle I'd be Cancel Cultured.  RACISS!

Why?

Is it full of racist tracts?  Mein Kampf?  The Turner Diaries?  Everything Woodrow Wilson ever wrote?  LBJ's biography?

NO!  Nothing like that.  Jeez.  But it does have a lot of public domain stuff.  Older stuff.  Writers of a different era.  Different sensibilities.  H. L. Mencken.  H. P. Lovecraft. Sax Rohmer.  H. Rider Haggard stories.  Joseph Conrad.  Earl Derr Biggers books. Robert E. Howard.  People can't read those and be adult about it anymore.  Everything has to be analyzed with a modern day lens and expurgated.  It has to go through the PC meat grinder and ground into powder, sifted for every molecule of offense, and then accusations made. (I date myself again.  The kids today say 'SJW,' not 'PC'.  Oh my back.  I don't even have the energy to warn you off my lawn, at this point.)  

If I were ever to write a work of fiction I'd probably adopt that now archaic style.  Even though it isn't how I think today.  But I'd use it just to bring that tone back to experience again and bedamn the over-sensitive mentally aberrant squawkers. Bedlamites that need to be locked in the Booby Hatch.

2 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I mean, there is nothing in there about Rhodesia, but a few safari stories is in the neighborhood.

Utahpacker said...

Like your blog-long time lurker. Don't forget Dashiel Hammett and Philip Marlow also C.M. Cornbluth(ever read The Marching Morons?)