Friday, May 13, 2011

XD v XDm Grip

Blogger has been borked.  I am unprepared!

Ok.  I like the Springfield XD.  I find the XDm to be largely superfluous with their swappable grip panels to tailor the grip to your hand.  The regular grip is perfect for me.  If I were Springfield I wouldn't have bothered.  I'd end up losing the unused grip parts, too.

But which grip panel matches the original most closely, so if I end up with an XDm I can just go that route and not worry?

Well I asked at their booth at the NRA convention.  There are 3 panels, labelled 1, 2, and 3. 


#2 panels matches the original most closely

5 comments:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

As I understand it, the 2 matches the XD9 and XD40, while the 3 matches the XD.45ACP.

Chris said...

And with my rather small hands, the 1-grip on my XDm 40 is just right.

Newbius said...

Don't forget the match barrel, and increased capacity in the smaller caliber guns.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Match barrel? Pish! Another coupla rounds? Posh!

Now an improved trigger is attractive.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

If you want a better trigger, send it to Springer Precision. Mine's fantastic.