Friday, December 28, 2012

Gun Shop

My primary gunshop is moving from it's current convenient location.  Sad.

One of the things I loved about the old store was that it shared space with a model train store upstairs.  Plus it was on the way home, so I passed it and thought about it every time I did.  Now it is moving to the quasi industrial section of Rockville.  It's near the local range, but that range is not very shooter friendly, and costs twice as much as others, and I don't go there unless it is free.   Not shooter friendly?  What do I mean?  They don't turn on the store lights.  I think the employees would rather not be bothered with customers so why bother making the place look open or inviting?  If you think they are closed you might go away and leave them alone.

I've decided I do need to get four more items.  Spare carry pistols, snub and commander, in the same config that I have now.  And a stripped AR. lower.  Something that will all 3 fit in an .50 cal ammo can.  Just cuz.

But... meh.  It's madness out there now. 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That it is my friend... choose wisely!

Kirkster said...

Good luck... It is really crazy out there right now... It is much worse than I thought after seeing opening day of the National Gun Show today...