Saturday, June 16, 2018

Hostiles

Someone recommended this movie to me.  I don't remember who.

But I am unimpressed.

It stars Batman and Magua.  Oh and the lady from that Jack Reacher movie.  There is some emoting.  But it is mostly just death.  Death, from stem to stern.  Little to redeem it, for all that suffering.   

Some modern sensibilities are injected into it, but it's not THAT high handed, at least.   Doesn't take much of that to really take you out of a movie.  Frex:  That Winston Churchill movie last year, "How do we shoe horn a black person into this movie?  I know, have Winnie stumble onto the Tube and one of the more diverse passengers can quote Macaulay!"

But lots of single action revolvers work, plus a few lever action rifle bits.   So, gun content.  It's set in 1892, but the tech is no further than 1872.  But does it have to be, considering?

I'm glad I didn't spend money on it, but don't regret the lost time. 

No comments: