Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I've been doing it the HARD way

Do you know how often you have to take the sear and disconnector out of a 1911 when you are rebuilding one?  And then put it back in?  Multiply that by me helping 6 student.  It's a little tiny pin on your gun that has to go through a small hole on the sear, a big hole on the disconnetor, and maybe some Series 80 parts if that is what you brought, and they don't stay in one place.

Dozens of time.  DOZENS 

Then I saw Sam...  He just jammed an undersized pin punch into the other side, wiggled it around, everything lined up, and the pin pushed through easy peasy.

Wish I had learned that a couple years ago.

But you learn something new every day.

And it's the little things...  In this case little OBVIOUS things.

2 comments:

JC said...

Kind of like using an ice pick to line up screw holes in sheet metal. But everybody knows that hack, right?

Ritchie said...

Dummy pin. I use them all the time.

What?