Friday, June 15, 2018

Speaking of intimidating

You know what used to intimidate me?  Detail stripping a 1911. 

Oh I was confident I could get it mostly back together.  Except for the correct way to get the sear and disconnector installed.

You hold the disconnector on the right.

See that paddle on the left?  It looks like a pyramid pointing up from this angle.  Hold the bulbous tip (heh) with the pyramid up.

Sear on the left.
At this angle it looks like a teacup.  That little scoop is holding all our tea. 

So, teacup, pyramid up, then saddle up.  Put that sear on the disconnector, so the holes match. 

Now shove that bulbous tip (heh, again) into the disconnector hold in the frame and wiggle the pin and disconnector and sear until they all come together.  




With pin in place be sure the legs of the sear on on top of the paddle of the disconnector.  I also jam my right pinky in the magwell from the top of the frame because it can just tough these two tiny parts and help steady and manipulate them for putting the pin in.


Images harvested from my two goto gunsmith supply houses.  MidwayUSA and Brownells.  They pay me nothing, but I pay them lots.

No comments: