Friday, December 7, 2018

Range Day, 04 Dec

Things I learned this time.  Trying to increase your speed is good, but don't forget the fundamentals.  I let the 3rd part get away from me recently.

The three parts? 
  1. Relax
  2. Front Sight
  3. Make trigger go good.  
Not just "my finger knows the way, just like my horse knows how to get home when I have gone on a bender at the saloon."  Know.  You still have to think on it.



By the third mag I could feel myself tightening up.  The fourth, I went a bit faster, and the group drifted more right.  Fifth, less fast, still tightish, still right.  Tired.  After the sixth, I called it.  Went home.

I have no idea how I would have the stamina for a long long live fire session with a 500 round count.  But I'd only go to a 500 round count class if it was highly regarded by gunnies I trust. 

43 rounds of American Eagle, no malfunctions, 513 fired since I built this gun.

Now I really need to find a way to fix my heel to the right.

No comments: