Monday, December 3, 2018

The return of Monday Bupkis

So, now I gotta free-associate gun content.

Plus, ya know, turkey day stuff.

Hmmm.  Nope.  Nuffin.

Thinking of selling some odds and ends.  Like a 1970s era plated Commander.  Not enough meat on the rails to rebuild it, but it might be the bees knees for someone else.

Heh.  I have 3 custom 1911s.  What the hell happened to me?  But once you have custom 1911s in plentiful quantities, ordinary ones with no other sentimental or historical/collector value seem sorta surplus to requirements.

"Ever think about a 4th, T-Bolt?"

You know, now that you mention it.  I have a threaded barrel.  I have an unworked frame with my name on it (002) and I have a lotta high end parts, perhaps more than enough to complete a new pistol.  And I kinda want a suppressor someday.  So, perfect.  The only thing I am missing is a slide.

30 years is still a long ways off, but then again it will be here before I know it.  I don't wanna have to worry my heirs dealing with a dozen boomsticks. What will I still have when I am 80, I wonder?  The 1911 I built and it's backup.

Unless I am more crippled.  Then it'd be nuffin. 

No comments: