Monday, June 24, 2019

Fixing my heeling

Well, lots of things can go to it.  Fix my heeling flaw. 

A good trigger pull does it.  The bullseyes I shoot are all good surprise breaks.  Natch.

Distracting me from the heeling potential I can concentrate on pinning and reset, but there are diminishing returns with distractions.  They only work for a little while.  And then the shooting reset becomes a habit I may not want to cement in place.

More dry fire before range trip, sho'.

Rent a gun.  Trick myself with variety.

But I am at a loss otherwise, after all that.  "Be good at the trigger pull." Yeah, I KNOW that...  And, hell, that struggle is probably lifetime's effort for everybody.  Even the best shooters wouldn't mind improving that.

I don't think there is any trick that fixes it forever, for all time.  I should know that by now.


No comments: