Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Crap... Nuffin

 I am sleep deprived.  The back is uncomfortable enough that I fidget during the day and lie awake at night unable to fall asleep.  Aleve does nothing now.  

I have interviewed others that have had the fusion surgery.  I really don't think I am a candidate for that yet.  They have similar symptom as me but add on HORRIBLE looking back x-rays that even laymen go "well, that ain't right."  Also they get a pain twinge that feels like they are getting stabbed with a sharpened red hot knitting needle.  Pain so bad they almost vomit.  They sleep on the floor and contemplate suicide.  I don't have that.  

Yet.

Which may well mean no surgery to fix it.  I have heard two types of stories.  "Surgery took forever to recovers from, but it is loads better now" and "Surgery made it much much worse."  Yuck

But... I am distracted from blogging.  If I wasn't hoarding ammo, the PT is twice a week right now, taking up range slots in my schedule.  And the ache takes the fun out of all this.  Here.  Blogging about gun stuff.  Doing gunstuff.  Yada yada.

Guns.

Hmm.

I keep thinking of finding a gunsmith that will make me a modern day DeLisle rifle.  Modern action, bolt, lefty, with an big integrated suppressor, and a 1911 mag well.  I'd throw G's at that, if I was confident it'd be reliable.  And it's a rifle I could take to the range.  Pistol caliber and all.    

4 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

I keep the Ruger 77/44 on my list for the express purpose of converting to a modern DeLisle Carbine.

BC said...

The RIA/Armscor 22TCM bolt action rifles have some potential. Rebarrel to 9mm with your integral suppressor barrel and plink away.

They are RH action not LH though, but they are a place to start.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I don't want the semi-auto version. For some reason.

Jonathan H said...

You could get a Mauser and a Rhineland Arms 45 conversion kit, then put a suppressor on the end, or find somebody to mod the barrel to make it integral.
Weren't the original Delisle in .23 or 9mm? Personally, I know someone working on one in 50 AE - I'd like that; it's a good application for slow and fat.