Monday, October 8, 2007

.22 thoughts

I've been thinking a lot about he .22 recently, and now one has fallen into my lap. It's not an ideal bolt action rifle, but it is close enough.

But the .22 is so cheap and common, I probably could save a lot of money by practicing more with .22.

I should maybe get a suppressed Mk2 ruger? Oh yes. One day. Target shoot without hearing protection.

As I mentioned before, there are cheap revolvers, too. And the Browning .22 is pretty sweet. I'll snap one of either up if it comes around at the right price.

What has intrigued me, lately, in the .22 pistol category... a category I now have the biggest gap in... is the .45 conversions where you switch out the .45 barrel for a .22 barrel on your standard 1911 style pistol. It adds up to cheap practice, an easy swap over, and make for good in the BoB AND primary sidearm systems.


There are few makers. Marvel is one. So is Ciener. Those seem to be the 2 bigs ones. It costs around $200-$300, depending on bells and whistles. Update: A commenter told me about another company: Advantage Arms

Now all I have to do is get that .45. April 15th, I'm hoping. Sooner if I am REALLY lucky in the money department.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Advantage Arms also makes good conversion kits:

http://www.advantagearms.com/