Friday, January 4, 2008

.50 cal Ammo Boxes

I found 2 more surplus army .50 cal ammo boxes in my basement, bring the total available up to 6. Gonna use em for... AMMO. Surprise.

I have my bandolier belts filled with 7.62, mostly, same with spare En Bloc clips, same with a belt for shotgun cartridges, 3 clips of .380, 3 speedloaders worth of .357. Besides them I have 2 ammo boxes full, 2 empty, and 2 ammo boxes that could be emptied to a cleaning station instead of storing cleaning materials like it does now.

(I love bore snakes, by the way. Have I told you that? Though a knot or two in a boot lace and dipped in engine oil will do the trick if you are REALLY hard up. So compact.)

Any way. Fill the ammo boxes and I have triple what I have now. Might not put too much 12 ga in the ammo boxes tho. Very bulky.

So, a box of .357, a box of .45, a box of miscellaneous .22, .380, some shotgun, 3 boxes of .308/7.62 I wonder how much that is, in numbers?

Probably smart to put a single brick of .22 in all the boxes.

Now we're getting into real numbers. And that should be plenty. Don't you think?

I think I'm stuck between 2 worlds with that inventory. If you're a hoplophobe it looks like WAY too much, if you are a serious Gun Enthusiast it looks like a mere pittance.

[UPDATE: And if you are Rudyard Kipling it looks like: "Oy! Wot? Ewe 'ave shite-all lain up innat arsenal, ewe TOFF! Shut yer gob and sod off!"]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, ya know what Kipling said: "A man can't have too many books, too much red wine, or too much ammunition."

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Do I like Kipling? I don't know, you naughty boy, I never kippled!

Roberta X said...

Good heavens. No wonder 'e walked wide of the Widow of Windsor!

Anonymous said...

Why you widdle wascal!