Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nifty Over/Under



This is a nifty Over/Under gun My Buddy The Gun Enthusiast found. The Crossfire That link is to an archived Guns magazine article

It's a 12 gauge pump, semi auto .223.

Fully loaded, the Crossfire carries a four-round, removable, 12 gauge rubber-coated magazine that forms the comb of the stock. The magazine and chamber accept either 2 3/4" or 3" shells. The magazine well of the .223 rifle portion of the Crossfire can accommodate any AR-15 or M-16 style magazine, although the factory-supplied sporting magazine, that seats flush with the magazine well, olds only five rounds.

I don't think I want one of those, though. But it does jibe with my earlier rumination on over/under survival guns like the Springfield M6 Scout. Just not compact.

I'd rather ditch the rifle part and just have a big magazine fed 12 gauge. Like this Saiga, with AK style working action.

Those can come with a 50 round magazine..... Mmmmm, want.

No comments: