Sunday, May 9, 2010

Light on Fodder

Sorry about the low quality of blog fodder. The usual blogger excuses apply. Busy at work, distracted by real life. That sort of thing.

I even missed my weekly range trip this week. I'm seriously considering going Monday. Then again on the usual Thursday. Maybe a .22 day on tomorrow.

What else happened? I ordered ammo online for delivery! This is a new thing because it was not done in my county. I heard a rumor that the state usurped the county's authority, so I made a test order to see if true.

.38 Special. I have hundreds of rounds of practice ammo for the .40 and more for the the .45 but only tens of the .38.

If the mail order works without a hitch, I think I will get some bulk milsurp 7.62x51 next month, and bulk buck shot the following. I am light on 12 gauge buckshot ammo since I only buy it 5 at a time. It's easy to buy #7 shot in job lots, but not slug or 'double ought'. I'd hate for the Iranians to EMP the western world, plunging us into the dark ages and TEOTWAWKI and be short on scattergun ammo.

{WOW that was fast! I mailed my copy of a Driver's License on Monday for proof of age, they alerted me they received it by email, I placed an order for ammo that evening, and it was on my doorstep Friday night... Thanks Ammoman. }

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

They DO do good work :-)

Pop N Fresh said...

Eric and his guys kick ass, ammoman is the way to go, welcome to the 21st century

Mike W. said...

Heh, mail-order ammo is evil! I have a TON of ammo in .30 cal cans. No way I'd have bought that much if not for online ordering.

Mike W. said...

Ammoman has gotten crazy expensive lately, yet folks seem to be buying. His Federal AE .45ACP prices were shockingly high, yet it seems he sold out.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

What do you mean crazy expensive? He's the cheapest around?

Oh, yes, he's crazy expensive compared to 1977 prices, but the Carter years aren't coming back. I hope.

Mike W. said...

The Fed AE was $179 / 250rds. That's roughly $36 per box. You can find .45 all day in the low
$20/box range shipped. Even cheaper if you're talking Georgia-Arms reloads.

Luckygunner has the identical 250 rd. Fed AE for $10/box less than Ammoman's price, and that includes shipping costs.

I have nothing against Ammoman. I've bought cases upon cases from him and his service is great, but he's simply not price competitive in today's market.