Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear T-Bolt

I need some advice.  I think my next gun will be one of the following:
  1. Saiga shotty
  2. Beowulf Upper for my AR
  3. Taurus 454
  4. P-90 (or PS-90.. whichever I'm allowed)
  5. FN FiveSeven
I have yet to settle on just one.  Thoughts?

Oh dear...  This is a work buddy that has mined me for gun info in the past.  He currently owns a Sig Mosquito and an AR.

I told to choose number 6 for his third gun.  None of the above.

Some duty type pistol or a simpler shotgun.  Working on him now.

Don't get me wrong...  Any of those choices would be fun to play with.  But they are all a bit esoteric, no?  And expensive to feed, for the most part.  Especially the .454 revolver.  First, it's a Taurus.  Second, you'd get just as much fun with a .44 magnum and save a bundle on ammo.

9 comments:

Marty said...

Stress the importance and utility of a Three Gun System. Self defense Handgun, Shotgun and Rifle.

SHTF type of utility. Then on to the fun stuff.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I have.

But it isn't like he's a new shooter. Back up in the upper midwest he shot a bajillion different rounds out of a bazillion different guns. Got he first deer with a .410 out of the window of a pickup truck.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

So he has some experience and knows what he likes. And he like esoteric.

Anonymous said...

in that case tell him to get the Saiga because it may end up on the no-import list soon.

Get em while they're hot.

Broken Andy said...

I agree with getting the Saiga while he can if esoteric is what he wants.

As far as feeding a PS-90 or Five-seveN, it'll be cheaper than the .44 mag you propose... though on an entirely different scale of shooting.

Anonymous said...

Recommend whichever one you'd be interested in buying for 1/2 price in about 3 months.

Bubblehead Les. said...

I have an esoteric friend like that, also. Ever get a phone call asking for a lead on 7mm Mauser to feed the new Bolt Gun?

I'd go with the Saiga. At least it takes a common supply of Ammo.

Old NFO said...

Concur!

ZerCool said...

How about a .44Mag SAA-style? I just happen to know someone that might have one he'd part with. ;-)

Those are definitely on the slightly-out-there list; I'd look at the .450BM over the .50Beo, myself.