Friday, August 16, 2019

Panic buying time

Well, there is serious talk of gun banning legislation, and I wish Trump would listen to Junior on this more than to Ivanka.

But be that as it may, gun control talk can lead to a run on gun supplies.  With that in mind, I bought a buncha range ammo.  Ordered it Tuesday.  It arrived yesterday.  Not shabby.  I love online ammo stores these days, and I usually use Lucky Gunner.  I try to click the add on someone else's blog page when I do.

Anyway, ready to weather any panic buys without dipping into the reserves.  I burn through a bit, practicing.

When I buy .38 special, I try to get semi-jacketed soft point.  It is better for my Marlin lever gun. But only Magtech carries that variety ATT.  I'd prefer Federal.  Something less stinky.  Though I bet I'd be fine with a flat nose FMJ variety in that gun.

1 comment:

Howard Brewi said...

My particular 1894 does the marlin jam thing with hand loaded hornady 110 gr xtp crimped in the groove almost every time. Never have problems with .357mag loads. Trying to find a light load I can use for small game that is long enough to avoid the lifter jam problem.