Monday, September 30, 2019

Crime Guns

If you read that article, yesterday, to the bottom, you see a familiar fact.

Someone that works with disadvantaged youth in the city have only to ask one of their young charges to get them a gun and they will provide on in an hour.

Black market guns are easy to get if you or someone you know has connections with that market.

Something I hadn't thought of before. 

Clean guns are more expensive than dirty guns.  Guns are clean when they haven't been used in a crime or have not been stolen.  Ballistic or a serial number cannot be connected with any crime, so the price goes up.

A crime gun, a dirty gun, those can be cheap

Now, what if us gunnies had our own "gun buyback program."  If we bought a cheap crime gun, yes we might be receiving stolen goods, and we might not own an actual murder weapon, but...  that gun isn't going to murder anyone else once we have it.  Win win.  We get a cheap firearm and Black Market prices rise, and guns are removed from crime circulation making the streets safer.  Better than a cop sponsored buyback.  And we have cash, not gift cards. 

Gunnies from Seattle would have to buy guns in Baltimore, and Baltimore peeps should probably go to Seattle. 

I wouldn't mind if it was a murder weapon.  Not like the police are going to solve any murders from it if I turned it into them, unless I snitched out the person that sold it to me and cops shook that guy down working their way up the ladder to the actual killer.  Unlikely to be successful, even if I WAS a snitch.

But stolen property, that would bug me.  What if I got a really NICE black market gun, cheap.  The guy that originally owned it probably wants his really nice gun back.  I know I would.  So, a flaw, there.


No comments: