Saturday, September 21, 2019

No Springs

It's hard to make your own brass cases at home.  Primers too.  Good bottlenecks for a tyrant to disarm a populace is to go after these.

Another hard thing to make at home is spring.  Well, GOOD springs.  You can make springs pretty easy.



A spring will make or break magazine functionality

If you are making a Home Depot Plumbing Department Sten gun at home, you need that one critical big spring.  Looks like an AR buffer spring a little.  Lots of those around.  I wonder if it would work for that application... Might not be stout enough.

Anyway, I need more spare springs.   I'm thinking for 1911s more than anything.  

And never wish for a disappearance of all springs.



Coily

1 comment:

The Neon Madman said...

Everything I shoot with the exception of .22 is reloadable, and I have done some stocking up of components. Might still look to pick up a couple of molds, in case it ever becomes desirable to be able to cast my own boolits.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me to see a punitive tax put on cartridges and the like if we wind up under the wrong political climate.