Friday, October 18, 2019

Every Fall

I try to psyche myself up to set the thermostat to 50 degrees.  Toughen myself up.  Get acclimated.  Probably better for me.  Wear more sweaters.

Yeah!

Only...

Shaving is tough early mornings.  Middle of the night getting up to use the facilities isn't easy either.

I don't think a space heater in the smallest room would do the trick, and while a time can be set for wake up time, it doesn't account for middle of the night activities. 

And I don't have a woodstove.  Olden days, it was the pater familias' job to get up first and stock the banked coals back to life and the rest of the family can enjoy the toasty blaze and conduct their toilette in moderate comfort.  Enjoy the cold over night, not suffer like a Spartan dressing for the day. 

It's a hard habit to adopt when a thermostat is so easy. 


1 comment:

Miguel GFZ said...

Space heater with both timer and remote control? I have no idea if it would work in your home geography, but they do exist