Thursday, October 10, 2019

Took a buddy to the range

The one I mentioned before.

Didn't have time to do the whole sit down with a blue gun, and the four rules.  Got him the lesson on always point it level and toward the far end no matter what and went with that. 

He has shot things before, it's just been a long time.  I know him, and he's pretty level headed and as old as me.  And I warned him about the startle response and the hot-brass dance.  This was just a familiarization run.

I had the Ciener .22 on an old 1911 to start with.  From there was went to a M&P 9mm that he is leaning toward. 

The biggest lesson he learned is how to do is use the LULA mag loader. 

Only 2 in the mag the first time.  I didn't want to find he real DID have a startle response. 

After I told him to concentrate 1) relaxing, 2) focus on the front sight and 3) try for a surprise trigger break, but really, the surprise trigger break.  You are 95% there if you master a surprise trigger break.  He actually had quite a few shots well in the paint when he did.  A bit of a heel on some shot, and probably a lobster style pinch on others. 

He took the target home as a souvenir or I'd have pictures of his progress. 

Now I need to enourage him to do the training and get the license to purchase.  But I have NO IDEA about the stuff for that.  He knows more.  I never see ads for that.  I better ask next time.  It'd be nice to have the dope for folks.

No comments: