Tuesday, August 25, 2020

JJ

I don't know much about motorcycles, but styling is a subjective thing.  I watched a lot of Jesse James motorcycle builds on the TeeVee back in the day.  It was fascinating to watch.  And while I am sure a whole slew of folks loved the way the finished product looked, it wasn't for me.

Nowadays he's dabbled in firearm fabrication.  If he goes in order, this is his 68th gun.



Things I like.  That style of hammer, I like the look of.  I like the rear slide serrations.  The comp on the front is well blended, but the serrations don't line up.  It might be the angle of the photo, tho.  I have chainlink cuts on my mainspring housing like the front grip serrations

Every fabricator loves to square off the trigger guard.

What I don't like.  The grip panel is fine, but not for me.  Same with the trigger style.  And who knows what the internals are like. I'd need an hour and a sharpie to really judge them internals.  My old gunsmith could tell the sear-hammer engagement and which hammer hook was lagging the other just by pulling the trigger.  I'd use the sharpie and a lot of disassemly/assembly.  I can maybe tell if the disconnector is loose that way.  Passing judgement on the extractor tension is easy, and hell, I can teach you that.  Once apart, hammer-slide fitment is also easy to check.

But you know what doesn't bode well?  Out of the gate?  What is up with that sear pin?  C'mon little fella.  Don't be shy.

1 comment:

Bigus Macus said...

I found this comment , Jesse James Has Reinvented Himself As a Luxury Gunsmith, and Hot Damn These Pistols Are Gorgeous The bad boy reality star's custom-made.45s are straight-up beautiful.

Check him out on YouTube, he gets a lot of news coverage.