Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Why am I this way?

Yes, I like and have old designs like 1911s and revolvers.

But there is a working rotary phone in my house.

I own more than one manual typewriter and occasional mail off a chatty missive.

My woodworking shop in the basement has few things that plug into the wall.  It's only recently I bought a drill that takes batteries in case I need to screw something in the driveway, away from an power outlet.  And my plug-in drill is a beast.  Too much drill for, say, driving a 1 inch screw.  Like hunting squirrels with a .44.

My watch is EMP proof. 

If I had a spot of and I wanted to put a steel building on, there are PLENTY of places that will put up a sheetmetal barn for you lickety split.  But I'd jones for a quonset hut, and all it's innefficiency. 

I shave with a straight razor when I have the time.   An old skool safety razor when I'm in a hurry.

I prefer wrough iron to mild steel.  Do you know why you can't buy wrought iron at the store?  There is SO MUCH labor to it. 

Why am I stuck in the past like this? 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Because you are a fool.

Ratus said...

"But I'd jones for a quonset hut, and all it's innefficiency."

Wut? Inefficient? How?

Also, they still are available for relatively cheap as kits in a few different styles now.

thinkingman said...

When societal collapse occurs, folks like you, ( like me ) will be the only people who have an idea of how to get by in the NEW reality. You know- like with books and other things that do not require semiconductors and electrical power.

Ritchie said...

Speaking of screwing things in the driveway, I have modified a 14V drill to install a long cord and cigarette lighter plug. 12V is plenty, and I can screw things wherever a car is.

Glenn B said...

Living In The Past - great album great idea.

The Neon Madman said...

Rest assured, you are not alone.