Friday, May 1, 2009

One Day...



One day I'm gonna get a Ruger 10/22.


When that day comes I am going to use a military style sling, like on my M1A (it'll need swivels), buy a bunch of magazines for it and outfit it with a peep hole sight like those from Tech-Sight:








Why? So I can kinda-sorta practice shooting a platform similar to my main rifle, but with ammo that $20 get's me 500 shots instead of 20.


Of course this similarity thing goes all out the window if I mount an EOTech holographic sight on the M1A. I guess in that case I better get the 10/22 peep sight AND cheaper red-dot scope of some kind, too.




versus:



~~~~
One other thing that would make my 10/22 expensive, maybe, iffn....
A suppressor. Go plink without ear protection.

4 comments:

Jay G said...

"One day I'm gonna get a Ruger 10/22."

You and me both, brother...

At least you can buy *real* magazines for it...

Paladin said...

I too, am drawn to the 10/22. It's relatively inexpensive and fun out of the box, but also has so much potential for for the "mad scientist/tinkering" sort (ie. me)

I'll eventually get one, and then do something odd with it which will start a landslide of different 10/22 projects that will bankrupt me. I'll probably start with this:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ruger-10-22-mg-42-dress-up-kit.aspx?a=180441

Wheee!!

Stretch said...

When you put on slings be careful with rear sling mount. Double check to make sure hole is drilled FORWARD of the point of lower butt plate screw. I didn't and had to so some minor file adjustment.

kaveman said...

You also might consider a bolt action .22 with collabri ammo for shooting without ear protection. The noise coming from my keyboard as I type this makes more noise.