Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu

It's not Swine Flu.

It's Zombies.

Remember how the President said he was cutting $100 million out of the budget? It was more like $300 million and he took it out of the operating budget of RoMERO, so we weren't able to contain the initial outbreak in Mexico this time.

"What do we need money to combat Zombies for? When W and Cheney briefed me on this in January they were just pulling my leg," he said.

He changed his tune when they showed him an actual zombie.

Well the money taps are back on line, but still not up to snuff. I haven't been deployed with my unit, for example. Which is ok because a bank official and a whole high school within walking distance from my house had an 'event.' It doesn't cost much to drive somewhere compared to jumping on a C-130.

Ad hoc teams are being cobbled together, and retirees have been re-activated. The RoMERO organization is so hush hush that a neighbor that is a WWII vet, turns out, is one of these retirees. I had no idea of his past record, and he didn't know I was currently in the.

Anyway, we are ride sharing. Me, still doing system admin stuff, and he was motor pool and small boat maintenance back in the day. His weapon specialty, back in the day, was long bow. Yes, archery. Very discreet because of the noise, and fewer people get excited with they see a bow compared to a rifle or pistol. But he's 80 now and doesn't have the arm strength he once had, so he has had to step down to a light compound boy and the occasional crossbow. He's so old school he was issued a revolver. I'm guessing S&W model 10.
I bet he has great stories.

Hopefully I'll be able to share details soon. That Rockville High School thing was pretty ugly. I've been pretty busy. NOW you know why I encouraged Trollop to get a pistol... Hate to have a shamblor crawl in through her doggie door. (Did that sound dirty?)
Try to remain calm. 'Timahflu' is actually a code name for cyanide capsules, so be sure you only take the Tamaflu.

1 comment:

Timmeehh said...

Ahhh, Tamaflu, I've had that. It starts with a swelling in the nether regions.