Monday, May 18, 2009

Ruger AR


As I suspected. Ruger came out with AR rifle at the NRA convention in Phoenix to add to the plethora of choice in that class of varmint guns.



But, as you may know, the platform in any form doesn't interest me, greatly. It's not high on my 'want' list. Which is odd, for me, as it is the most popular sporting rifle-type in the country. Everyone and their brother has an AR.


Add the disinterest to a $2000 price tag and I am much more likely to get a Mini-14 instead for a third the price.


But this rifle LOOKS decent. I like the piston driven operation versus the stand direct gas impingement. And I REALLY like the Troy fold down sights.


Like I said, it LOOKS decent. And for the money they want it better BE spectacular. I'll withhold my personal opinion on anything but the price when its been put through its paces by all the gun enthusiasts out there.

1 comment:

ASM826 said...

For $2000, I'm not interested either. I built an AR from a stripped Anvil Arms receiver last year for about $600. The other $1400 would buy a lot of ammo, even at today's prices.