Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Another Crappy Dream Post

Blog posts about dreams are crappy.  The dream was good.

I coined a new term.  I was talking to a father with young kids, in dreamland.  He wanted to be a good example and instill an ethic in his kids through his example, and he coined a term for it.

"Datch and Do"

I wasn't sure on the pronunciation

Datch was a combination of Dash and Watch.  Move with a purpose, and with hustle when going about your day, and be alert and aware of your surroundings, and engage your brain.  Do, is constantly be doing something.  Don't just move like you have a purpose, but actually have a purpose.  Pick up crap, straighten a picture, get a project done, vacuum, exercise.

Dream-dad figured it would rub off if he constantly had this attitude and conducted himself accordingly.  A good work ethic.

That's how I think my crotchety old neighbor Archie has conducted himself.  The man still putters about constantly.  Nothing is left alone.  Lawnmowers, clothes washers, door knobs.  EVERYTHING get's customized.  He has a solenoid on every door.  He can open them remotely.

But Datch part of Datch and Do?  Move with a purpose and be alert?  Good advice for those that carry.  Stay out of 'White.'

1 comment:

ProudHillbilly said...

Wow. I never get good ideas from my dreams. My house just falls apart or something equally upsetting.