Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years A'Comin'

And I need blog fodder. 

The following is sort of a New Years Resolution.  But not really.  It's "Stuff that is firearm related I intend to spend money on or tend to in 2012."

  • I need to get off my duff and get more training.
  • Prolly some sort of EOTech for the M1A gonna happen.
  • Holster for the Commander.  IWB. 
  • Need to get back in the habit I had for range time pistol practice.
  • I sorta wanted that carbine and suppressor... but the gun store made me sad, didn't want to take my money, and I walked out.  Maybe later.
  • I've been thinking about a conventional scope for the 1894c.  It's a fun little lever action, perfectly acceptable for hunting in many jurisdictions, and certainly survival situations... Let's make that rifle funner. 

4 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Red Dot for an M1A? Okay....

Cabala's has some nice House Brand scopes for Lever Guns. Check 'em out. Also, I'd get some spare Deagle or Coonan Mags (Knock-Offs would work just fine). Fill them with your .357 Ammo of choice. Rig up some Spare Mag pouches to some sort of Butt Stock Sleeve (think of the M1 Carbine pouches), and attach it to the Marlin. Much easier to reload the Lever Gun that way.

Okay, for the new people who might read this: one takes a loaded .357 Magazine for a semi-auto pistol, places it against the Loading Gate of the Rifle, and you then manually slide the bullets one at a time from the magazine into the tube. MUCH faster than using belt loops.

IWB for the Commander? I LOVE my DragonLeatherworks Fugly. Besides, Dennis is one of our extended family of Gunnies.

Yeah, we ALL could use some more Range time.

Anyway, Have a Happy New Year!

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I've been threatening to get an EOTech for that M1A for some time, now...

Old NFO said...

No bad choices there NJT! Happy New Year!

JB Miller said...

You need to try the Crossbreed holster I use for my compact 1911.

Mist comfy holster I Own!

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName