Friday, December 9, 2011

Place Holder Title, gone all wrong!

[sorry about the title, but lets just go with it]

You know, I have pined for a single stack .40 for a CCW.  Something smaller than a 1911 Commander (hence the .40) but  used like the Sig P229.  It's the vaporware in my head.  The closest thing to it is a Kahr K40 


But if trends continue and the pocket 9s become pocket 40s, giving me a plethora of choices, I better check myself before plunking down the plastic.  I need to try the pistol first.  Lightweight pistols are not my preference, for shooting-comfort reasons.  If the pocket 40s come, most all will be polymer guns.  I bet they'll hurt.  Kick like mules.  I don't even like the Bersa .380!  All metal guns, I am sweet on them.  I need to find a rental case with the Kahr in it to test.



Another reason to stick to the tried and true and surprisingly slim and concealable Commander.

6 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Kahr CW40? Kahr PM40? Taurus 740? Better get ready, bro. Looks like there's a few more coming down the Pike.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Only the K40, Les.

Metal.

Robert Fowler said...

I'm going to stick with my full size 1911. I'm fluffy enough to hide it well. In all the years I've been a dealer and around guns in general, I have never fired a .40. I always thought it was a solution looking for a problem.

Aaron said...

The Kahr PM40 is surprisingly comfortable to shoot. I've shot another shooter's PM40 at a range and did quite well with it.

The locked breech design really makes the recoil feel less than a blowback .380 in my opinion and it has considerably less handsmack on firing. I'm contemplating buying one to add to my PM9.

Its quite a nifty constant carry in your pocket protection device.

BGMiller said...

Walther PPS is available in .40 if you're feeling the plastic fantastic and their damned comfortable little guns to carry and to shoot. 5+1, 6+1, and 7+1 in .40 depending on which mag you stuff in it. (6,7,and 8+1 for the 9mm version)

Or if you're dedicated to the 1911...
The Springfield Armory EMP comes in .40 iirc.

BGM

BGMiller said...

There/Their/They're FAIL
*facepalm*

sigh....
If it wasn't Friday I'd scream.

BGM