Friday, December 30, 2011

Hard Core

Saw this on Rummel's site:

Marine Veteran Shot in Craigslist Robbery Used Fingers to Plug Bullet Wounds

That's pretty hard core!  And hard corps!  (whichever is the accepted spelling, I never did get that right) I didn't read the linked article, but I'm going to leap to conclusions, here, and I'll have to remember that detail if I am ever found in a defense situation where gun fire was exchanged:

"If, after you have dispatched the bad guy to his reward, you find that said bad guy had the unremitting GALL to shoot at you and that you are actually wounded...  Use your CRKT Delegate to sever as many of the goblin's fingers as you require. Shove those fingers in your bullet wounds to staunch the bleeding.  Like a cork!  With the prevalence of hand sanitizer in the 21st C, you probably have little to worry about with regard to possible infection."

Yeah, I dunno if I'd be 'Marine-Tough' enough in that situation.

8 comments:

BGMiller said...

Oh, the story gets better when you read it. Seems the Marine called an ambulance while walking a couple of blocks back to his car, checked on his kids that were in the car, then called his fiance to tell her "by the way, I've been shot"

Report indicate that the 911 dispatcher had trouble understanding him because of the loud clanking sound heard on the line.

And sadly, but in no way less awesomely, our hero used his own fingers to plug the holes.


BGM

Old NFO said...

A viable option is small size tampons...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I'll just check my purse, then, NFO?

Robert Fowler said...

That's one tough SOB. Semper Fi.

mikelaforge said...

Old NFO beat me to it. Have a couple in all the first aid kits and range bags. Oh, and NJT - get a gal pal to get you a box....

Hat Trick said...

The tampons are good for bloody noses too.

Robert Fowler said...

I used to buy tampons for my first wife. It's not a big deal. Get the big box, that's 40 plugs.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

"Dangit! I have 43 bullet wounds but only 40 of these things. I guess I'm gonna have to prioritize which holes I decide to staunch."