Monday, December 12, 2011

Tam Stole

Tam stole the Xmas gift idea I had for my nephews and nieces.  Well, the older ones.  I intend to give the blighters a small lil pocket knife (one that has a decent chance of not giving folks the vapors), a small lil flashlight, and a matchsafe for basic survival 'dump em in the jacket pocket or glove compartment' kit.  All can be clipped together.

What else should go along with such a basic set up?  Things like paracord, a spork, a cup, a water bottle, and a poncho.  Maybe a crowbar.  You know, for the zombies.

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Well, Houston, we have a Problem. Since you want to give gifts to the lads, they would probably get expelled for bringing a Knife to School. And since a Knife on the Dresser is useless while you're out and about.....

Now, if they're older, say College Age, I'd get them a Multi Tool that fits easily into a pocket, like a Leatherman Fuse. I'd also get one of the small Swiss Army Knifes that fit on a Key Chain.

But it looks like you're talking about some kind of Grab Bag that can sit on the back seat of a car. I'd first get one of those Bags, then I'd start off with a First Aid Kit, one of those Adventure jobs the Hikers use. Then go from there to fill it. Use that reference book I gave you for details, but as always, feel free to modify his recommendations to fit your needs.

Oh, FWIW, REAL Bic Disposable Lighters are never a Bad Idea. Get one of the Factory Sealed 2 packs, then place it into a Quart Freezer Bag, then toss it into the bag. Works for me.

North said...

"Les stole the Xmas gift idea"... My suggestion was going to be a small first aid kit.

Give 'em a paracord bracelet to wear. You can get them on Amazon, or make them yourself:

http://northwest1524.blogspot.com/2011/10/bracelets-made-for-friend.html